Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Ignition to Change is ME!

"If we are to make progress, it has to start in ourselves."

But maybe a week ago, I didn't know this. Someone actually taught me this. You see one afternoon our classroom was so dirty that it looked like a garbage disposal area. Our adviser was so mad at us, she started saying painful things. But it later occurred to me that those things were just the ugly TRUTH. What was shameful was that I'm part of the student council. We even had this campaign about the cleanliness and environmental awareness. Still, I'm the student studying in a classroom full of garbage. And I even dared to ask myself why students keep on littering! Then, it shocked through me. It was right in my face all along. If I want to see CHANGE, I have TO BE THE CHANGE!

Yes. It's true, we have to be the change we want to see in this world. It all starts with ourselves. We have to be the one to ignite that chain reaction. We can't tell someone to be a better person, if we ourselves isn't evolving into something even better. Just like respect. People won't respect you if you don't respect them. It's a mutual understanding.! It's really a give and take relationship. The key is to be a good role model. If someone actually sees you doing something good and moral, they would eventually be inspired to do the same. They would feel that they do belong by doing something good and moral. so that makes you the role model- THE IGNITION TO CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment